I just finished uploading the slightly edited version of TPWBM, which I created after noticing some typos while reading the book on my own Kindle. Honestly, I was shocked and more than a little disappointed in myself; I thought after all the time I’d spent reading through the book, I would have caught all of those annoying little buggers by now. I know one major reason why many readers don’t take self-published titles seriously (and with GOOD reason) is because of the lack of editing, and I was hoping to combat that with a fairly polished book.
So once again I was a little upset that it took the umpteenth readthrough for me to catch these errors, but at least I corrected them before doing any serious promotion for the book. Phew.
As long as I had to go back and do some editing anyway, I made a few other subtle changes: toned down the amount of semicolons a bit (because as much as I love them, some loves were never meant to be), and made minor content changes to two passages. The story hasn’t changed one iota, but one potential inacurracy has been removed and it all reads a little smoother.
Now that I’m done doing things I should have done last week, it’s time to make some effort to get the name of the book out there a bit so people can give it a try, plus work on the print version and the second book in the series too. It’s a lot to have to do, but it’s a good kind of busy to be.